- 7th win for the Royals’ bullpen this postseason.
- Royals are 5-0 when scoring in the 1st inning this postseason.
- Gregor Blanco becomes the 1st Giant to lead off a World Series game with a home run in team history.
- Omar Infante hit his 1st postseason in 145 postseason at-bats.
- Pablo Sandoval reached base in his 25th consecutive postseason game.
- Hunter Strickland gave up his 5th home run of the postseason.
- Royals scored 5 runs in the 6th inning. This the highest scoring inning in the World Series since a 7 run 8th inning for the Giants in Game 2 of the 2010 WS.
- Hunter Pence has reached base in his last 15 postseason games.
- The Giants used 5 pitchers in the 6th inning.
- Most runs scored by the Royals (7) in a World Series game since scoring 11 in Game 7 of the 1985 WS.
- 3 players had multiple-hit games (Billy Butler 2, Lorenzo Cain 2 and Alcides Escobar 2)
- 3 players drove in multiple runs (Billy Butler 2, Omar Infante 2 and Salvador Perez 2 )
- 2 players scored multiple runs (Lorenzo Cain 2 and Omar Infante 2)
- 7th consecutive World Series win for the Giants
- 1st loss of this postseason for the Royals
- Giants have not lost a postseason road game 1 since 1997 NLDS against the Marlins. 46th road team to win game 1 of the series
- Hunter Pence becomes the 1st Giant to hit a World Series home run since Buster Posey in Game 4 of the 2012 World Series
- Salvador Perez becomes the 1st Royal to hit a World Series home run since Frank White in Game 3 of the 1985 World Series
- Joe Panik becomes the 1st rookie since Willie Mcgee in 1982 to hit 2 triples in a single postseason
- Madison Bumgarner’s World Series scoreless inning streak was snapped at 21 innings
- Pablo Sandoval has reached base in 24 straight postseason games and set the all-time record for most extra-base hits in his postseason career at 17.
- 2 players had multiple-hit games (Hunter Pence 2 and Pablo Sandoval 2)
- 2 players had multiple RBI games (Hunter Pence 2 and Pablo Sandoval 2)
- 2 players scored multiple runs (Gregor Blanco 2 and Hunter Pence 2)
- 1st trip to the World Series for the Giants since 2012. Won the LCS in 3 of the last 5 seasons.
- The Giants have won 15 of their last 17 postseason games.
- Travis Ishikawa become the 1st Giant to hit a walk-off home run to send the team to the World Series since Bobby Thomson in 1951. 9th series deciding walk-off homer in postseason history (Bill Mazeroski (1960), Chris Chambliss (1976), Joe Carter (1993), Todd Pratt (1999), Aaron Boone (2003), David Ortiz (2004), Chris Burke (2005) and Magglio Ordonez (2006). Becomes the 4th player to hit a walk-off home run to clinch the LCS (Chris Chmabliss (1976), Aaron Boone (2003) and Magglio Ordonez (2006).
- Giants hit 3 home runs in the game. 1st 3 home runs of the series and the 1st homers since Brandon Belt’s home run in Game 2 of the NLDS
- 8 of the 9 combined runs were scored via the long ball
- Madison Bumgarner becomes the 1st Giant pitcher to win NLCS MVP since award was given out in 1977
- Michael Morse hits the 1st Giant pinch hit home run since J.T. Snow in the 2000 NLDS.
- 3 player had multiple hit games (Gregor Blanco 2, Jon Jay 2 and Pablo Sandoval 2)
- 2 players had multiple RBI games (Travis Ishikawa 3 and Joe Panik 2)
- 1 player scored multiple runs (Tony Cruz 2)
- Giants won their 14th postseason game out of the last 16
- Buster Posey batted in 3 runs in last night’s game. The Giants have had consecutive games having a player bat in 3 runs (Travis Ishikawa in Game 3)
- Kolten Wong becomes the 1st Cardinal rookie to have 6 extra base hits in 1 postseason. He hit a double and home run in last night’s game.
- Yusmeiro Petit recorded his 2nd win out of the bullpen of the postseason. He went 3 innings of scoreless relief. Petit has thrown 9 innings of scoreless relief with 11 strikeouts in the postseason.
- Giants bullpen has pitched 9.1 innings of scoreless relief over the last 2 games
- 6 players had multiple hit games (Matt Holliday 3, Matt Adams 2, Brandon Crawford 2, Hunter Pence 2, Buster Posey 2 and Kolten Wong)
- 2 players had multiple RBI games (Buster Posey 3 and Kolten Wong 2)
- 2 players scored multiple runs (Gregor Blanco 2 and Kolten Wong 2)
- Royals win their 11th straight postseason game and 8th straight game of this postseason.
- 1st trip to the World Series since 1985 for KC.
- Greg Holland recorded a save in all 4 games of the series.
- Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Holland went a combined 3.2 innings/2 hits/0 runs/1 walks/2 strikeouts in yesterday’s game. The trio went a combined 14.2 innings/9 hits/1 run/ 1 earned run/2 walks/15 strikeouts in the series.
- Same score as Game 3 at 1-2.
- Orioles recorded only 1 QS in 7 games this postseason.
- Royals scored both of their runs in the 1st inning on a grounder to 1st base by Eric Hosmer. 1st baseman Steve Pearce threw the ball home and got by the catcher allowing 2 runs to score.
- 1 player had a multiple hit game (Alcides Escobar 2)
- Ned Yost becomes the 1st manager to win his 1st 8 postseason games
- 10th consecutive postseason win for the Royals. 7th consecutive win of this postseason for the club. Joins the 1976 Reds and 2007 Rockies to open a postseason with 7 straight wins.
- Billy Butler is the 6th different Royal with a go-ahead RBI in the 6th inning/later this postseason (Perez/Moustakas/Hosmer/Gordon/Escobar) according to ESPN Stats and Info
- Wei-Yin Chen becomes the 1st Taiwanese pitcher to start a game in the ALCS. Chen become the 1st Oriole starter to be involved in the decision in this series.
- Jeremy Guthrie logged 1616.1 career innings before making his 1st postseason start yesterday.
- 2 players had multiple hit games (Lorenzo Cain 2 and Eric Hosmer 2)
- Yadier Molina’s streak of playing in consecutive postseason games was snapped at 83 games.
- Tim Hudson had gone over 3,000 career innings before his 1st LCS start yesterday.
- Travis Ishikawa had a bases clearing double in the 1st inning. He had only 2 RBI in his previous 17 postseason games.
- Giants scored the game winning run on an over throw to 1st base on a bunt. 1st game to end on a throwing error by the pitcher since Game 4 of the 1969 World Series.
- 4th postseason extra inning win for the Giants.
- Kolten Wong become the 1st Cardinal rookie to have an extra base hit in 3 straight at-bats.
- 2 players had multiple hit games (Jon Jay 3 and Kolten Wong 2)
- 2 players had multiple RBI games (Travis Ishikawa 3 and Kolten Wong 2)
- 1 player scored multiple runs (Jon Jay 2)
- The Giants road winning streak in the playoffs was snapped at 7 games
- 4 out of the 5 Cardinals runs came on solo home runs
- The Giants scored the tying run on a walk and a wild pitch
- Kolten Wong becomes the 4th second baseman with a postseason walk-off homer, joining Jeff Kent (2004), Alfonso Soriano (2001) and Bill Mazeroski (1960) according to ESPN Stats and Info’s Twitter account. He becomes the 1st Cardinal to hit a walk-off home run since David Freese in Game 6 of 2011 World Series.
- Hunter Strickland gave up his 4th home run of the postseason. He has only given up homers to left handers
- Matt Adams becomes the 1st Cardinal to hit 2 go-ahead homers in the 7th inning or later in the same postseason since Brian Jordan in 1996 (ESPN Stats and Info)
- Oscar Taveras is the 1st Cardinal rookie to hit a go-ahead or game tying pinch hit home run in team history
- 1st time the Cardinals have hit 4 home runs in a postseason game since Game 2 of the 2012 NLDS
- 1 player had a multiple hit game (Gregor Blanco 2)
- 1 player had a multiple run game (Matt Adams 2)
- Joe Panik records his 9th hit of the postseason. He trails only Buster Posey (17) and Freddie Lindstrom (10) for most hits in a single postseason for the Giants. Panik extends his hit streak to 3 games and has a hit in 5 out of 7 postseason games.
- 4th extra inning win for the Royals this postseason
- 8th straight postseason win for the Royals
- Alex Gordon becomes the 3rd Royal this postseason to hit an extra inning go ahead home run as his 1st postseason homer. Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas did it in the series against the Angels. 1st Royal to have 4 RBI in a postseason game since Jim Sundberg in Game 7 of the 1985 ALCS.
- Royals have hit a home run in the 3 of their last 4 games
- Delmon Young collected his 4th pinch hit RBI of this postseason
- Neither starting pitcher went more than 5 innings
- 1st game this postseason that the Royals haven’t stolen a base
- 1st game this postseason that the Orioles haven’t hit a home run
- Nelson Cruz has scored a run in all 4 postseason games for the Orioles. He has recorded multiple hits in all 4 games and driven in a run in 3 out of 4 games.
- Wade Davis, Kelvin Herrera and Andrew Miller each pitched 2 innings of scoreless relief
- 7 players had multiple hit games (Ryan Flaherty 3, Alex Gordon 3, Nick Markakis 3, Alejandro De Aza 2, Billy Butler 2, Lorenzo Cain 2 and Nelson Cruz 2)
- 2 players had multiple RBI (Alex Gordon 4 and Ryan Flaherty 2)
- 1 player had multiple runs (Lorenzo Cain 2)
C- A.J. Ellis .538/1/2/.647/.846/1.493
1B- Eric Hosmer .400/2/5/.538/1.100/1.638
2B- Jonathan Schoop .300/0/2/.364/.400/.764
3B- Matt Carpenter .375/3/7/.412/1.125/1.537
SS- Erick Aybar .455/0/0/.455/.545/1.000
LF- Bryce Harper .294/3/4/.368/.882/1.251
CF- Jon Jay .455/0/1/.571/.455/1.026
RF- Nick Markakis .250/1/3/.308/.500/.808
DH- Nelson Cruz .500/2/5/.500/1.000/1.500
Jordan Zimmermann 8.2 innings, 3 hits, 1 earned run, 1 run, QS, 1 walk and 6 strikeouts
Zack Greinke 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, QS, 2 walks and 7 strikeouts
Doug Fister 7 innings, 4 hits, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, QS, win, 3 walks and 3 strikeouts
Tim Hudson 7.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 earned run, 1 run, QS, 0 walks and 8 strikeouts
John Lackey 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned run, 1 run, QS, win, 1 walk and 8 strikeouts
Trevor Rosenthal 3 saves, 3 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned run, 1 run, 1 walk and 4 strikeouts
Greg Holland 2 saves, 3 innings, 0 hits, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, 0 walks and 6 strikeouts
Santiago Casilla 2 saves, 3 innings, 0 hits, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts
Zach Britton 2 saves, 2.1 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned run, 1 run, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts
Marco Gonzales 3 games, 2 wins, 3 innings, 2 hits, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts
Andrew Miller 2 games, 3.1 innings, 0 hits, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, 1 walk and 3 strikeouts
Jerry Blevins 3 games, 3.1 innings, 0 hit, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, 0 walks and 2 strikeouts
Yusmeiro Petit 1 game, 1 win, 6 innings, 1 hit, 0 earned runs, 0 runs, 3 walks and 7 strikeouts
C- Buster Posey .389/0/1/.450/.389/.839
1B- Miguel Cabrera .364/1/1/.417/.727/1.144
3B- Anthony Rendon .368/0/1/.400/.368/.768
SS- Hanley Ramirez .429/0/2/.500/.500/1.000
OF- Matt Kemp .353/1/2/.353/.529/.882
OF- Alex Gordon .300/0/4/.462/.500/.962